Is Your Roof Ready for Winter?
Have you trimmed the trees around your home?
When was the last time your shingles were inspected?
Inspecting and preparing your roof with a roofing company in Ann Arbor for winter is essential to prevent damage and stress.
How to Prepare Your Roof for Winter:
1. Trim bushes and trees around your home: Even if you clean your roof and gutters in the fall, failing to trim back overgrown trees or bushes now can lead to debris on the roof during winter.
2. Inspect the shingles: Shingles may wear out over time and inspecting for damage can prevent costly repairs.
3. Check attic ventilation: If your attic is poorly ventilated, your roof could be exposed to winter elements, allowing ice dams to form. Keeping airflow consistent is essential for keeping your roof protected.
4. Repair Flashing: Faulty flashing can lead to snow or icy precipitation entering your roof. If excess moisture builds up, you may end up dealing with an interior leak.
5. Hire a professional inspection: It’s best to hire a professional roofing company to take care of major work. Hiring a professional ensures damage isn’t left unmanaged. A professional can provide peace of mind that everything has been properly checked and repaired.
If you’re unsure about the condition of your roof, schedule a free inspection and estimate with Roofman USA!
Protect Your Home This Winter with a Local Roofing Company in Ann Arbor
Is a roofing expert can provide insight and catch faults the average person wouldn’t. Roofman inspects your attic ventilation spots, and checks along the chimney, and anywhere moisture or mold could collect and damage your roof.
Contact us or call (734)662-3300 to set up your inspection! Go into Michigan winter with confidence your roof is secure.